We’re living in the age of meal delivery services, and in our opinion, there’s never been a better time to be alive.
Don’t get us wrong, an evening spent in the kitchen experimenting with a new recipe can be fun, satisfying and even a little therapeutic. But for the nights when we want good, healthy food – and fast – we rely on delicious and innovative meals being delivered directly to our doorstep via services like Freshly.
Freshly is a meal delivery service dedicated to offering meals that are meticulously crafted with fresh, natural ingredients for convenience that doesn’t cost a ton of money. With new meals available on a weekly basis, there are always exciting new dishes to try -- from gourmet omelettes for breakfast, to gluten-free Sicilian style chicken parmesan with broccoli for dinner.
We spoke with Carter Comstock, co-founder and chief product officer of Freshly, about his inspiration for the company. “I am a big believer that the food we eat is the biggest contributor to good health, more so than genetics and exercise combined,” Comstock says. “One of the most important decisions in our lives is deciding what we put into our body as fuel. I always wanted to eat clean but didn’t enjoy the hassle of planning, shopping, cooking and cleaning…so when the opportunity came about to help start a healthy, convenient meal service, I jumped on board.”
Freshly's technology allows customers to customize their order then have real chefs cook it - with no shopping or heavy prep involved. Freshly’s ‘back to the basics’ food philosophy ensures you eat whole, natural foods and avoid refined sugars and refined carbohydrates and dangerous additives.
Freshly is constantly working with talented chefs and health brands to offer fun and unique meals. They recently partnered with Chef Kevin Scott, Executive Chef at San Francisco’s Tratto and The Marker Hotel, to create a selection of meals to be featured on the Freshly menu. Now, Freshly is sharing the recipe for one of Chef Scott’s handcrafted creations below!
Exclusive Discount: Freshly is offering a big discount for our readers. Use this link to get 9 dinners cooked by their chef for $50 off.
Mediterranean Branzino with Italian Butter Beans and Olive Tapenade
22 oz. Branzino Filets
1 lb. cooked italian butter beans
1/2 cup of castelvetrano olives chopped
2 T of chopped pistachios
2 t chopped parsley
1 clove of garlic processed into paste
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
1 t of kosher salt
1 t ground black pepper
2 T vegetable oil
For the Tapenade:
1. Place processed garlic into a bowl. Cover the garlic with juice & zest of the orange and let sit for 10 minutes to slightly cook garlic.
2. Add Olives, pistachios, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil.
3. Stir, adjust seasoning and set aside.
For the Fish:
1. Dry Branzino filets with kitchen towels then season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick saute pan over medium high heat.
3. When oil is hot and begins to shimmer add Branzino filets skin side down. Do not crowd the pan, work in batches if necessary. Lower heat to medium low and cook until skin is golden brown.
4. Cook on the skin side until just before the flesh is completely opaque. Flip the filets and remove pan from the heat to finish cooking. Remove fish to a paper towel lined plate.
1. Heat butter beans and divide between plates.
2. Place Branzino filets over the beans on the plates.
3. Garnish with olive tapenade.
Freshly's Branzino recipe looks as delicious as it is healthy, but we are on board with leaving the rest of our dinner plans to the professionals. Taking advantage of their incredible pre-cooked meals at our doorstep means more time for getting outside with the family, catching up with friends, and maybe even a little extended online shopping time.